Why Join Us?
Empower Trust is a network of unique and diverse church and community Primary, Infant and Junior schools dedicated to ensuring the provision of an outstanding education for every child within the Trust.
We believe that education needs to be exciting and motivational. We champion a collaborative approach to school improvement. We develop and promote innovative ad dynamic approaches to learning, combining levels of expertise across our schools.
Our family of schools work closely to share effective practice and we celebrate the fact that every school is different, working with Local Governing Bodies to ensure that each school retains their unique ethos and character.
Take a look at our About Us brochure for further information.
Empower Trust provides strong and effective school improvement services that are bespoke to each individual school. You can find a list of what we offer below.
What do Ofsted say about Empower Trust’s support for schools?
Staff work collaboratively with colleagues across the trust in a variety of ways. This includes the co-production of curriculum documents and in the moderation of work. This reduces workload. Staff appreciate having this time to collaborate and share expertise…Staff feel that they are well supported. They say that leaders consider their wellbeing and work–life balance. The school and governors value opportunities to share expertise across the multi-academy trust (MAT). The local governing body and the MAT understand and fulfil their roles in governance. (Ofsted, March 22)
Leaders, trustees and governors understand the schools’ priorities for improvement. They provide suitable support and challenge, supported by external specialists. Staff feel proud to work at the school and well supported by their leadership team. (Ofsted, June 22)
Governance is effective. The academy trust provides valuable school improvement support and ensures school leaders are held to account. The local governing body has a range of skills to help develop curriculum and well-being provision that is right for the local community (Ofsted, September 22)
‘Trust senior leaders and governors provide excellent support for leaders and staff at the school. They hold leaders to account to continually improve the school. Staff are overwhelmingly positive and are proud to work at the school’. (Ofsted, November 22)
‘Governors and senior members of the trust have worked hard to manage the large number of changes in staff and to maintain staff morale through the turbulence of recent years’. (Ofsted, November 22)
Our core offer for all schools within the Trust
- Termly visit from the CEO to discuss progress towards short-term and strategic school improvement objectives and to determine further support that may be provided by the Trust.
- Termly visit from the School Improvement Strategic Lead, enabling professional dialogue, support and challenge, based on needs analysis. The production of a note of visit with clear action points and timescales.
- Additional half day sessions of attached Adviser support which can be used for, but not limited to, any of the following:
- Headteacher performance management support
- assessment and data analysis support
- whole school self-evaluation
- tailored support to raise standards in teaching and learning
- mentoring and pastoral support for Headteachers
- subject specific support including coaching for subject leaders
- Unlimited telephone and email access to the CEO/ School Improvement Strategic Lead
- Additional consultancy at the request of the schools, as part of the core package. Schools requiring improvement will be given priority when considering allocation.
Trust Central Team School Improvement Support
- Bespoke support from the CEO/ School Improvement Strategic Lead through an Ofsted inspection (including preparation and onsite support and advice during the inspection).
- Termly Headteacher Briefings linked to Ofsted updates
- Subject Network Meetings (Developing a range of networks bespoke to the needs of our Trust schools).
- SEN/ EYFS networks
- Support with the writing of school improvements plans, pupil premium strategies and other statutory documents.
- Termly agendas for governing bodies with key prompts to support governor challenge and support
- CEO/ School Improvement Strategic Lead at shortlisting and interview for Deputy Head/ Headteacher posts.
- Support with recruitment and retention- including the securing of secondments and acting up arrangements for schools with staffing issues
- Deployment of specialist leaders in education (SLEs) to support areas for development (cost may be incurred to allow for cover within the SLEs school)
- Financial support including support with budgeting, staffing and resources.
- Mental First Aider support and access to counselling and medical services through the Trusts insurance scheme
- Access to high quality legal advice through our law firm partner Browne Jacobson LLP
- Delivery and signposting to high quality professional development and training CPD for staff at all stages of their careers, including ECT and NPQs
- Effective sharing of best practice facilitated via termly meetings of the Executive Group of headteachers
- High quality HR support for Head teachers and staff
- Sharing of best practice and joint working develop policies and procedures to reduce staff workload.
Require More Information?